Table of Contents
Learning any new framework can be daunting for a new developer. If you are looking to get into Flutter, here are 8 quick tips to help you get started.
- Don’t overthink state management. There are many state management packages and approaches in the Flutter ecosystem and it’s easy to be overwhelmed. I would suggest sticking with the tools built into Flutter while learning the framework.
- Start small and don’t try to build too much at once. It can be tempting to want to build the next big thing, but it’s important to focus on smaller projects when first learning a new framework. This will help you better understand the tooling and how to use the various features.
- Make use of the hot reload feature. This feature allows you to quickly iterate on your code without having to restart your app.
- Utilize the vast amount of documentation and resources available. The Flutter team has done an amazing job of documenting the framework and there are plenty of other great resources available from the community.
- Join the Flutter Slack channel. This is a great place to ask questions and get help from other Flutter developers.
- Attend a Flutter meetup. These events are a great way to meet other developers and learn more about the framework.
- Check out some of the great packages available on pub.dev. There are many high-quality packages available that can help you with common tasks. Keep in mind tip #1!
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. Flutter is a very versatile framework and there are often multiple ways to accomplish the same task.